If a bully calls you a name, does saying "it takes one to know one" help?

you dont go into specifics or how bad it is or is it ongoing?....

I was bullied bad in school- I was fat..this happened in NJ-

(never experienced it in Brooklyn where I was born & loved)    

..second half of 4th grade all the way to HS....I wasn't allowed to have friends of the opposite sex and many times none of the same if I could go back and do it all again I would kick some serious a$$ I would make all those creeps AFRAID of my- no kidding THAT works and I recommend anybody being bullied to go that route! Everyone is quick to talk about other prejudices black, Asian, Muslim, sex, etc- but fat jokes everywhere is ok?- No it isn't it has taken a big toll on my life--BS to ignore! I would kick a$$ real good!.. make THEM afraid-even a little guy can be seen as a crazy to be feared! it works and empowers!

It depends on how you say it, did you say "it takes one to know one!" and sound like a child? or did you time it right, and allow it to be a decent burn? i suggest looking up rap battles, itll help you be light on your feet, mentally, and allow you to quickly be witty in situations such as this!

• Alan H

Even better is just to ignore it.

It's a good reposte

Lol is that all you've got? You must learn to stand up for yourself a little better than that, don't ya think?

That saying is an oldie but a goodie. I've used it myself.

• Candi

I was told was goes around comes around but this person was too clever for their own good or just immature and resentful. Once someone shows you they don't trust you they set the stage for the type of treatment they expect from you. I always say "kill them with kindness" that way you are always trying your best no matter their mood or yours.

Nothing helps as long as you’re engaging with one. The best remedy is in ignoring them, as they’re looking for a reaction.

• Lôn

Yes...or " an insult from a fool is a compliment".

Only if you want to get beat up by the bully.