Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 weeks ago

Do you fancy the name Mighleigh or Maighceigh more for a girl?

My-Lee

May-See

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Jon
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

Both are silly. 'Maighceigh' pronounced by a genuine Gaelic speaker will sound more like Mercede than Macey, and 'Mighleigh' iwll cause confusion when the L gets mistaken for a T and people think it is a contrived pseudo-Gaelic spelling of 'mighty'.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

i like the name horse raddish

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They must both be Irish names. The poor lass will find that she has to spell out her name (whichever you choose) every time she has to give her name at school, at university, when she changes job, when she joins a club, etc, etc. I do hope you have a really good reason for wanting to burden her with either of those names spelled in those ways.

Remember that a name is for life, not just because you think it is cute.

• 4 weeks ago

I think if you have to explain how to pronounce them it's not worth it, poor kid will get fed up with people asking about their name.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Or maybe Trolleigh.

• 4 weeks ago

If you have to explain pronunciation, perhaps you should look for another name  or maybe the correct spelling. 

• Lita
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Neither. They both look misspelt and overly trendy to the point of trying too hard to me.

• 4 weeks ago

Oh!!!! Please spell the name(s) correctly. !!!!

• 4 weeks ago

nah.....................

• Jose
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Regardless of the spelling, IMO, both names are low-class, lady-of-the-evening types.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.