dukey asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 weeks ago

Do you think life is real ?

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves do you think this is true ?

• small

Everything is real is what I believe.

If I didn't think so, why would I continue to live at all?

Everything that exists is real. One's thoughts, and the things that one thinks about, are two seperate things; both the thoughts, and the things exist. The thoughts of others, the things they think about, and all the things that nobody thinks about, also exist.

• I honestly don’t know. If I concern myself with it I might just drive myself crazy trying to get to the bottom of it because that’s just how we are. Look, there are only a few constants in this world that we are 100% sure of. One of them would be the fact that our brains have evolved to become so self aware that we question our own existence to no avail. The other would be that the only thing we’re actually sure of—with proof, is “death”. I quote it because as your question puts it, it’s possible that it isn’t even a thing, for all we know that might be right. So, more like, the loss of this random inexplicable consciousness we have going on right now. So, honestly, unless you plan to make a living off of this, I’d recommend just making sure you don’t waste whatever time you have left being conscious in this world and make it as enjoyable as you can with less worrying and wondering and more experiencing and fulfilling. Truthfully, once you put less thought into it, it’s less intimidating and more opportunistic. Besides, no one is ever really sure about when their time will be up, so it’s best not to worry about hypotheticals and theories that take up your present time.  

Source(s): Another person who has and still occasionally does think of questions like these but always comes around to just trying to let go and make the best of what I’ve got.

I totally agree. unless your wealthy then the dream is totally different. you are in the maxtrix

• j153e

It is proven or accepted science (Large Hadron Collider, https://home.cern/news/press-release/physics/lhc-e... ) that all mass (as particles) is given mass by the Higgs effect via Higgs bosons in the universal (no pun intended) Higgs field. Therefore the first clause of your first premise is correct, to the best of current physics.

The notion that we are all of one consciousness is fungible, i.e. God's Consciousness of Self, Whitehead's aphorism that "Religion is the reaction of human nature to its search for God," and other such formulaic "reactions." Therefore the distinction of C. S. Lewis, looking along with/being the Light/Energy, and looking (reacting) at the Light/light. Christ Jesus is of the Light, Saint Paul looked along the Light, and A. Whitehead looked at the lookers who look at the light, perhaps overgeneralizing the notion of (Latin) religare, to hold fast to, as simply faith in a received tradition or teaching, without allowing for holding fast to include Saint Paul's "hold fast to what you have received (experienced)," not to mention the ab initio authenticity of an Abraham, a Moses, a Jesus, a Paul, a Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), a Francis of Assisi, a Sri Ramakrishna, et al. Therefore your question's notion that there is "one consciousness" is vague, and that aforesaid consciousness "experiences itself *subjectively*" denies e.g. the "knowing of where I came" of Christ Jesus.

The next point you bring up is that of "no death;" Ezekiel's focus on personal responsibility (that awareness which is sinful, unless it repents and reforms, dies, fades away, is put off as old unResonant deeds, etc.) indicates "another possibility" re the soul personality or soul field. As to "life is but a dream, row, row, row your boat," that is true insofar as the unawakened experience events both in, and in dreams as somewhat out of the body, and thereby do not add a Higgs-like gravitas to one's e-motion, energy-in-motion, re events such as yoga, weddings, and less pleasant sufferings.

The final truth-questioning is re "imagining ourselves"; this is true in a baroque or rococo sense, i.e., reiteration of an "enlightenment/existential" algorithm as a matrix of dense desires which has a game-like fantastic quale for the unawakened and a levels-awareness for those who are aware that it's a game (early "Tractatus" Wittgenstein and, ~ approaching this "levels awareness," as later "Philosophical Investigations" Wittgenstein).

So, whilst you might learn of that which is speculative re truth of same, e.g. in sources noted below, the facticity of your truth-questioning is limited to the Higgs portion of geometrization of Energy.

Sources:

Runaway Realization;

The Path of the Higher Self;

Light Is a Living Spirit;

The Master of Lucid Dreams;

Kundalini West;

Autobiography of a Yogi;

Beams from Meher Baba.

I think life truly is real.

It needs no further explanations or excuses to cover

the actuality of its taking place, or the progression of its construct.

• Mike W

Yes I think that life is real, at least it fits our definition of real. You can travel down your line of thinking if you want, but don't forget the other forms of life who aren't as self aware as we are. The squirrels and bunnies don't question the reality of life, they just live it.

You're a Bill Hicks fan, huh? Me too. I also like George Carlin. They get REAL. :c) "Life is just a ride."

I think all we can do is speculate on that. Which leads to false senses of having answered the question, so I tend to shun speculation.

what does it matter, if it is real or not. If you dont eat, you die slowly and painfully from starvation, whether you believe life is just a dream, or not