I live in a small cabin and one room smells like nail polish remover. What would cause this smell?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

    Your being haunted by a transvestite poltergeist.

  • 4 weeks ago

    Could be the varnish on the furniture. It could be some clothing or bed sheets.

  • 1 month ago

    Find out what the room interior has been treated with. Was it a new variety of paint etc? If you use carpeting or rugs perhaps the cleaning fluid is giving off vapours permeating the room. Is the heating in the room reacting to some of those surfaces? Quite often in fire damaged homes toxic fumes are released so the matter needs serious investigation.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Acetone and there is nothing that smells like acetone except acetone.

    Fungus does not have that kind of smell...it is more musty.

    Acetone is used to clean fiberglass and in paint. And for cleaning off fingernail polish.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    acetone ...........................................

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    The smell is acetone. Most likely cause is white-rot fungus.

  • 1 month ago

    Your cabin in haunted obviously.

  • 1 month ago

    am no ecspert but mayb caused by nale polish remover?

  • 1 month ago

    Not sure sorry about that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.