Do rich countries contribute to climate change the MOST?

hey could someone help with with this 8 mark question please it would mean a lot. i’ll need i think a yes and no point worth a total of 8 marks

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

no country contributes to global warming, check the facts, this is a total hoax

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

We contribute to global prosperity. Climate change is a fascist farse.

• 12 months ago

No exactly, the fast-developing countries contribute the most, becasue they burn much fuel and use most energy.

• 12 months ago

Well you can see why a denier might need to be anonymous if he’s going to tell fibs like “Any human global climate signal is so small as to be nearly indiscernible against the background variability”

Current human emissions of Co2 dwarf volcanic emissions at about 100x, as for indiscernible, really. During the last half dozen glacial cycle Co2 varired between 200ppm and 280ppm but now it’s 400ppm most of that has happened in the last 100 years at current rates of rise it will be more like 700ppm by the end of the century.

As for “indiscernible” judge for yourself, from 1950 onwards it seems very discernible.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/carbon-dioxid...

As for index

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

Any human global climate signal is so small as to be nearly indiscernible against the background variability of the natural climate system. Climate change is always occurring.

AGW exists only in the minds of grant seeking scientists and academics, ratings obsessed media and opportunistic eco/political activists.

• 12 months ago

On a percapita basis, we do.

But, really, if we want to use China and India as excuses to pollute, why shouldn't they use us as excuses to pollute? And what is wrong with leading? Should NASA have waited for China and India before puting a man on the Moon?

• y
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

China, India, then the US, top three, pretty rich, pump out more recorded crap then elsewhere. But many now talk about humans use of fire, from the very start, all those open fires in those caves as contributing factors. Those types of things are not recorded, tracked. So maybe a different type of accounting approach should be taken.

• 12 months ago

Per capita we do.  The real issue is that we ALL have to reduce our emissions instead of pointing the finger and waiting for others to do so.  However, it is the richer people that have the biggest moral duty to do so, as we consume more resources, create more pollution, and change is actually much easier for us.  But even though I believe that to be true, I still think that each and every one of us has to concentrate on our own emissions first before accusing anybody else.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.