Question that not even scientists know? How do you get the consciousness you have instead of one of the other billions of people?

This stumps me because it tells me there is a great mystery we don't know about of how we become "a individual with a certain conscious in this body" You will say it started out when your parents had sex and the egg and sperm met. This is not what I am talking about. Okay, for billions of years I didn't exist unless under know knowledge I did exist another time as somebody or something else. But how did I end up being the brain and body of the embryo that developed in my mom's womb when I did? out of the billions of people who was born, how did I get to this conscious and body instead of randomly being one of the billions of other people? Why wasn't I the person born 4 thousand years ago or the person who was born last year or the person that won't be born until 2188? This stumps me so much. I think it links in with the other mind boggling question of if another sperm got to my mom's egg first or another egg was met with the same sperm would I have ever existed? Would I have the consciousness but look different and maybe even a different gender or would I not exist at all? What made me wake up in this consciousness and this body or born to this brain and body ?

• 1 week ago

We are made of matter that was made of matter that goes back to the creation of the universe, we hold ALL that information within us!

My theory is that every person has an evolutionary tree, according to their DNA, and during each point during that evolutionary tree, a different part of the DNA is "awakened" and we experience that as the person we are now :)

It all depends on which part of our DNA is awakened at which time in existence :)

• .....

"I think therefore I am" (Descartes)

You are a spirit incarnated from the spirit world into this physical condensation to learn to refine your character. Once those tests placed before you by God are passed, and your Heavenly spirit guide (who has been with you since your birth, your good conscience) has your attention more than the lower nature, then you are able to think more clearly and able to understand greater questions of spirit and the higher spheres of life yet to come.

In the meantime, you can also read this book, an old 1932 translation -  "Communication With the Spirit World of God, It's Laws and Purpose" by Johannes Greber.

GodsGrandPlan.org has a PDF to read online. and Amazon has copies as well.

• Henry

What does it mean by a consciousness? You can't be given a consciousness unless it means like a soul given by God.

Perhaps the article in the publication on the website below will give you some answers to your questions.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?/Chapter 4

whenever a mind asks "how" is it really looking for a method.

do you observe it?

your mind when looking for a method always !, wants to enclose it in a container.

true ?

because being locked in a container something is missing for me very important.

FREEDOM !!

I can't answer your question, but I know we don't look in the right place.

if you look in the right place we may find a beast of time, like archaeologists

It evolved......

In a sense, you were born thousands of years ago, and you will be born thousands of years from now.

I repeat - in a sense.

When sperm and egg come together, it leads to the existence of a brain and consciousness. Consciousness is consciousness, just like pure water is pure water. Consciousness is associated with an individual identity but consciousness itself has no identity, regardless of the great variety of individual personalities.

• P

It goes with the body

• You need to study statistics.  Take about a million variables, which is how many affect who you are, both biological and cultural.  It will give you trillions of trillions, if not more, possible combinations for an individual.  Even the entire population that ever lived is such a small proportion of the possible combinations that it is conceivable (in fact, probable) that none have ever been repeated.  That said, since you only know a minute fraction of the rest of the population that ever lived, you have no evidence that the same you did not exist, ever.