Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

what vegan food item can fool a meat eater? 10 pts?

I need to fool a meat eater with a vegan food item.

Is there any vegan food brand/item that is out there now that can fool a meateater? If so, which one? I am referring to perhaps a veggie burger brand or sandwich slices.

Will definitely choose a best answer.

Trolls will also definitely be reported. I need serious help here..Thanks in advance.

• Jane

I agree that there is no point in 'fooling' someone ie. making a fool of a person- what do you hope to gain if it's just you saying yaahah I fooled you?

Vegan and vegetarian meat subs like burgers, slices etc would not convince meat eater.

If you want to convince someone that vegan food can be delicious and satisfying, make them something delicious and satisfying. To achieve this, you will have to cook well.

The only vegan meat-like things I've found might possibly pass as meat are vegan quorn pieces sub for chicken in a chicken pie with mushrooms and a nice creamy ( use soy or oatly cream) sauce, topped with vegan puff pastry or mash. Quorn mince ( be careful to get the vegan one) cooked in a rich tomato sauce with loads of herbs and seasoning with pasta or made into cottage pie. Same made into meatballs as above.

I'm not vegetarian or vegan but I cook a lot of veggie and vegan food at home and as a chef. I love the fresh colours and flavours, so much variety ( not stuck with the meat and 2 veg thing), hearty and filling as well as delicious.

Learn to cook and surprise your meat eating friends with something different.

There's not any vegan items that can fool a meat eater. In order to fool someone, they have to be gullible. If they are not gullible, it's not going to work. Why do you want to fool meat eaters? Why don't you mind your own business?

• Sammy

This makes as much sense as someone who says to herself: "your child's peanut allergy is all in his imagination. I'll prove it with this cookie!"

Source(s): Someone tried this nonsense with me!

I'm a meat eater, and you cannot fool me with anything. I only eat real meat, and if I even suspect something is fake meat, I will boycott it. I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian. I have no intention of being a vegan or a vegetarian. If I know a burger is a veggie burger, I won't even give it a chance. It's got to be real beef, with real bacon, and real cheese made from milk. I certainly don't want food to taste nasty. At the same time, if it is fake meat, and I know about it - I won't even touch it. I don't want to be a soy boy. That would be utter defilement. End of story.

• Wendigo

It was rightfully reported as trolling. It can also be reported as a non answer and as a rant.

As long as you know they are not allergic to soy otherwise don't do it.

Some veggie sausages are convincing.

None. Call all are gross ew we ew

I'm not sure there is one. Most replacements wouldn't fool anyone

There is a product called Jackfruit, that I understand to have the texture of shredded pork or chicken.

• Mark

Why do you need to "fool" anyone? Just prepare some sort of food, and when that person says "it was a good meal", then say "and you didn't miss the meat, did you?"

The impossible burger for sure. I had it just the other day and it can definitely pass for meat.