Tea asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

I recently bought a parrot and it won't stop screaming. Should i just put it down and eat is for dinner?

I bought a parrot from a pet store because i thought it would be fun to keep as pet.

It's been a few days and all it does is scream and poop everywhere when i let it out of it's cage. I tried returning it to the pet store but they refuse to give me a refund if i give it back. I don't want to have bought it for nothing so should i just slaughter and eat it, i mean i eat chicken all the time so it shouldn't be a lot different.

Well first I didn't advertise it and try to get some money for it. But quite honestly I would be telling the parrot parrots taste like chicken parrots taste like chicken! And if it doesn't learn to say it it keeps right on screaming I'd have me barbecued parrot!

That would be an expensive and inadequate dinner.

No one should buy a parrot until they learn what the characteristics of the individual bird are. They rarely make good family pets. Most attach to one person and may dislike everyone else.

I recommend not selecting a parrot even if you want one. Let the parrot select you. If the bird likes you when it first sees you it will likely continue to like you if you treat it well. Never attempt to discipline a parrot. It will attack or fear you and will never trust you again.

If you create a great relationship with you parrot you will have many years of enjoying something very special. They are exceptionally intelligent so give it may puzzles to solve and they love to tear thing apart so crete toys for it to destroy.

Some varieties live for Decades and responsible breeders won't even sell a parrot unless you put them into your will. Several varieties will likely outlive you.

If you live in an area where you can attend "bird fairs" go to some and learn from the professionals.

I have owned tow. My first was an Amazon and a Great pet. Unfortunately it developed a tumor and I had to have it put down at the young age of only 27.

My second one is now 19 years old and going strong.

• Brian

At night, drape a sheet over the cage.