Law about a 30 day?

Okay so here's my situation I'm on the lease agreement for my landlord and the place I'm renting I have two people that moved in with me to help me pay the rent they are not on the lease they cause property damage and other problems in the household I gave them a 30 day notice in written form and serve it to them they signed it agreeing to 30 days what is my legal standing if they say that they're refusing to leave within the 30 days

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

They actually have more legal rights than you have.

No one, other than a judge can make someone move if they refused to leave on their own once they have established legal residence. Being on the the lease, or not, or paying rent, or not are all irrelevant issues. You need to file formal eviction charges against them in court.

• 4 weeks ago

You would have to file the eviction in court on the 31st day.

• 4 weeks ago

You evict...and you are responsible to the landlord for any damages...

• R P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If they don't leave by the end of the notice period, you'll have to have them evicted through the courts.

Since they did not sign your lease, you are, in effect, their landlord. Your real problems are going to be that you have subjected yourself to eviction for a lease violation *if* your lease forbids subleasing. Your other problem is that your landlord is going to hold you responsible for the cost to repair the damage that your tenants caused.

Source(s): FL landlord
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You have to pay to take them to court and get a court ordered eviction..........

• 4 weeks ago

Then you have to try and evict them.

• 4 weeks ago

Go to court and file to have them evicted. Once they get served for that I'll bet they just leave. If they don't leave before the eviction then go ahead and do the eviction.

• 1 month ago

You can legally evict them, through the court and the damages are all yours, unless you can get them to pay for them.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You could end up being evicted yourself, for letting them move in with you. And you are responsible to the landlord for whatever damages they did.

• 1 month ago

you take them to court to evict.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.