Law about a 30 day?

Okay so here's my situation I'm on the lease agreement for my landlord and the place I'm renting I have two people that moved in with me to help me pay the rent they are not on the lease they cause property damage and other problems in the household I gave them a 30 day notice in written form and serve it to them they signed it agreeing to 30 days what is my legal standing if they say that they're refusing to leave within the 30 days

They actually have more legal rights than you have.

No one, other than a judge can make someone move if they refused to leave on their own once they have established legal residence. Being on the the lease, or not, or paying rent, or not are all irrelevant issues. You need to file formal eviction charges against them in court.

You would have to file the eviction in court on the 31st day.

You evict...and you are responsible to the landlord for any damages...

• R P

If they don't leave by the end of the notice period, you'll have to have them evicted through the courts.

Since they did not sign your lease, you are, in effect, their landlord. Your real problems are going to be that you have subjected yourself to eviction for a lease violation *if* your lease forbids subleasing. Your other problem is that your landlord is going to hold you responsible for the cost to repair the damage that your tenants caused.

Source(s): FL landlord
  • Maxi

You have to pay to take them to court and get a court ordered eviction..........

Then you have to try and evict them.

Go to court and file to have them evicted. Once they get served for that I'll bet they just leave. If they don't leave before the eviction then go ahead and do the eviction.

You can legally evict them, through the court and the damages are all yours, unless you can get them to pay for them.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • Judy

You could end up being evicted yourself, for letting them move in with you. And you are responsible to the landlord for whatever damages they did.

you take them to court to evict.