Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

New Law Requires You To Listen To Greta Thunberg Lecture Before Purchasing Gasoline?

U.S.—A series of new bills working their way through state legislatures in New York, California, Oregon, Hawaii, and several other progressive states will require you to listen to a Greta Thunberg lecture before purchasing gasoline.

Motorists will be required to watch a 20-minute lecture by the 16-year-old climate activist before they purchase gallons and gallons of harmful fossil fuels.

"We want to make sure drivers are informed," said California Governor Gavin Newsom, who says he will sign the bill into law. "So we are having them get lectured by a 16-year-old so they will have all the facts before they do something rash like put gasoline in their cars to go to work."

Once the driver has listened to Thunberg's entire lecture, they will be prompted to complete a quick, fifteen-question quiz to show they understand how horrible they are for driving a car. Drivers who get at least 80% will then be allowed to refuel their vehicles. As they refuel, the screen will simply play a clip of Thunberg saying, "How dare you!" over and over again.

• JimZ

That would violate my rights under the Geneva Convention to not be tortured.

What is not to like?

The idea is to make it just as unpalatable to fill up with gas as it is to wait for 20 minutes to add enough electricity to your car to get you home.

• Dirac

The sad thing is that global warming deniers are so stupid and gullible they can't even recognize obvious satire.

You have the brain of an amoeba

• BB

Funny...but something like that would not surprise me.

Troll score: 7/10 Not bad.

She'd like my house. Totally off-grid with solar panels covering my entire roof. She'd like my car too, a Nissan Leaf. Then she would be horrified that I have to use a gas powered generator to charge the Leaf when it's raining because I'm off grid and even all those solar panels can't power my house AND charge the car when it's raining.

You must be really bored and lonely to make up this lengthy lie. Hope things get better.

WOW! Just when I thought CA could not get any more insane.

• sam

You lie...................

The law will not apply to celebrities purchasing jet fuel.