Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Did you know that "freespeech as long as it doesnt offend anyone" is NOT freespeech?

The liberals are trying to prohibit any speech they deem as "offensive". Imagine being jailed because you told a joke and somebody was offended. 

Im sick of social media censoring me!! **** you Silicon Valley liberals!

That is not right.

• Zirp

chatting is not allowed here.

Where I live, we have freedom to express an opinion instead of "free speech", and I like it that way.

"the holocaust never happened", "humans come in races" and "you can drink bleach without risking your health" are not opinions

• 8 months agoReport

heres an opinion, i think you should eat shiit

Did you know that free speech does not grant you immunity against complaints about what you say? The free speech of the other gives them the same right to counter your statement as it gives you the right to make the statement in the first place. Getting told that you are full of it is not restricting your speech.

• 8 months agoReport

the gravity of this situation is so far above your head its embarrassing

This is no kind of Chemistry question. It needs moving to a different category, probably Polls & Surveys.

(Of course I knew it, but I doubt you're really interested in that.)

("Freespeech" does not protect the speaker from being thought a fool or worse by anyone who hears it if the speech is foolish or dangerous.)

• Davros

Yes.

But just because saying something is legally permissible, it doesn't follow that it is correct or moral to do so.

I mean, I'm legally allowed to call you a pencil d!cked little c**t badger, but I won't, because it is rude. A society without courtesy is barely a society at all.

People shouldn't need to be forced into treating others with respect and dignity, and things have gone wrong on so many levels if that has become the case. 

• 8 months agoReport

youre confused because youre an idiot, the liberals are trying to censor and prohibit any speech deemed as "offensive" but they are offended by EVERYTHING. Has nothing to do with you

Did you know that you have no clue at all what free speech even is ??

• 8 months agoReport

deflection fail. Assuming you know me, thats -5 points, assuming you know whats in my head another -5 points

• ?

I'm so sick of people taking exception to everything. "...but words will never hurt me."

• Bob

Go offend someone then.

• 8 months agoReport

r/woosh!