Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 4 weeks ago

Could my hand be broken ?

I got my hand slammed in the front door of our house by my sister . Its really swollen and hurts. Ive read that people have broken their finger that way but could it break my hand ? its right in the middle of my hand , can a bone be broken there ? should i go to the hospital idk if a broken hand is a emergency , if it is broken could my family doctor put a cast on it

It could. Rember to RICE

• Linda

It could be broken, sprained or strained. See your doc if it continues hurting. Better not to take a chance in case it is. If you ignore it, it might heal wrong causing you a lot of needless pain.

I would break it just in case

It's possible.

You can break your hand. You need an X-Ray to know if it is broken. Whether it is an emergency depends on how bad it hurts and whether you can get in to see your doctor on short notice. If there's an urgent care place near you, I would go there.

Go see a doctor and have it x-rayed.

• kelvin

your hand is not broken

• Edna

What are you talking about?  Her hand COULD be broken, after getting a door slammed on it.

It could be broken but you can only get a cast put on at the hospital my friend.

• Edna

They probably won't put a cast on it. They'll put an immobilizing orthopedic  splint on it. She can take the splint off when she goes to be at night, & put it back on the next morning. The splint is fastened with small Velcro straps.

Unfortunately, you’re screwed. You should just chop it off, Merle Dixon style...

If it's in pieces yes.