Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 4 weeks ago

Could my hand be broken ?

I got my hand slammed in the front door of our house by my sister . Its really swollen and hurts. Ive read that people have broken their finger that way but could it break my hand ? its right in the middle of my hand , can a bone be broken there ? should i go to the hospital idk if a broken hand is a emergency , if it is broken could my family doctor put a cast on it

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It could. Rember to RICE

• Linda
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

It could be broken, sprained or strained. See your doc if it continues hurting. Better not to take a chance in case it is. If you ignore it, it might heal wrong causing you a lot of needless pain.

• 4 weeks ago

I would break it just in case

• 4 weeks ago

It's possible.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You can break your hand. You need an X-Ray to know if it is broken. Whether it is an emergency depends on how bad it hurts and whether you can get in to see your doctor on short notice. If there's an urgent care place near you, I would go there.

• 4 weeks ago

Go see a doctor and have it x-rayed.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

your hand is not broken

• Edna
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

What are you talking about?  Her hand COULD be broken, after getting a door slammed on it.

• 4 weeks ago

It could be broken but you can only get a cast put on at the hospital my friend.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

They probably won't put a cast on it. They'll put an immobilizing orthopedic  splint on it. She can take the splint off when she goes to be at night, & put it back on the next morning. The splint is fastened with small Velcro straps.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Unfortunately, you’re screwed. You should just chop it off, Merle Dixon style...

Attachment image
  • 4 weeks ago

If it's in pieces yes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.