Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Husband is upset I’m going remote at my job?

I work as a medical coder in a office. My job just announced that on November 4th they will be sending us home to work permanently. I told my husband and he is very upset he said he wants me to be around people and not just sitting at home by myself working alone. I don’t mind working from Home but I know it can be isolating at times. What should I do? 

explain this is beyond your control.

That's not a bad thing im sorry but you might wanna pay closer attention to your husband's behavior and his moods. He sounds more like he's nervous about you working from home like he has something to hide. Has he been acting distant or grouchy? emotionally disconnected or content with you not being around as much? these are all things to think about.

Since your employer could've just as easily laid you off to reduce their overhead instead of sending you to work at home,

The best thing you can do is just tell your husband to stop complaining about nothing,

Then proceed to deduct virtually all the expense of working at home when you file your taxes & enjoy the savings on the costs of driving to work everyday.

Congratulations on your Raise!

• Tara

Years ago - I took a college course that told people would be at-home-workers.

You don't need to be around other workers to do your job -- in fact, not getting interruptions from other workers may enhance your work.

You are not a child who needs to be told to be around other people.

There are always pro-s and con-s of any situation .. and HE has a reason why he's being this way.

AND ... your employere told you this is the way it's going to be --- so that is how it will be for your job.

Plus - you will actually save money by staying at home.

So ... what's his REAL reason for not wanting you at home ?

• Linda

Many people work out of their homes these days. Tell your husband it will save money on gasoline, and lunches, and work clothes, and you can still make time for friends. Once he understands that it is actually a good thing he probably will begin to accept it. It just might take a little while for him to adjust to it.

Maybe your husband is taking breaks during the day with a neighbor a couple houses down the street.  There has to be a REAL reason not to like that you will work at home, where you can also get various housework done also. 

Its not a bad thing..maybe there's something you can say to him to make him feel better about it.

It would seem to me that he is afraid you may be doing some entertaining at home and it won't be with him. Sounds like to me you just got a huge improvement in your life. Not having to get up at a certain time, not having to have a car to go to work, not having to buy gas and the other expenses that go with an auto.

Surely it will be worth trying it for a couple of months to see how it goes?

• boj

seems your husband is a little un-trusting of you, tell him get over it cause you have no control over an employers decision......either work from home, quit or find another job.