Taylor asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Why does society pretend false rape allegations are rare?

Whenever a woman accuses a man of it people are instantly more inclined to believe her and often his life goes downhill from there

I know for a fact that they aren’t based on personal experience and other guys who’ve been on the wrong end of it.Not even rape, physical abuse, stalking, sexual harassment, women seem to be feeling so insecure and unappreciated that they’ve started inventing stories like this for attention.I been wrongly accused of physical abuse by one of my ex’s who got another girl to say I’d done it to her too. I know of a story in my area where I go college where a girl baited out this guy for stalking and relentlessly sexually harassing her and it turned out he hardly knew herAnd I know multiple guys in London who have been accused of rape and it turns out the girl is lying.What about stories on the news? Clarence Moses spent 28 years in prison because a woman dreamt he raped her. That football player who spent 5 years in jail and the woman admitted it wasn’t true and had to pay compensation 

Politics is a funny animal. Currently, it's trendy for women to Me Too men about these things. It often is false, but as you say, the politics of today greatly exaggerate the empowerment of these claims, backed or not backed by real evidence. In 50 years, it might be the opposite. It's not logical - unless you consider the psychology of the last few generations and the enormous world changes, notably social media, and the effects those things have had. But who's going to take that seriously?

• Taylor4 weeks agoReport

Why can’t more of society think the same as you? Couldn’t have put it better myself!

Men sure do love to cry and scream about 1% of rape allegations being false, and never about false allegations for every other crime. Don't think women don't know why that is. It's because YOU are a rapist yourself. This is your cover story.

• Taylor4 weeks agoReport

Another disgusting sad incel woman having to frame innocent guys as rapists cus no man wants to touch her. Wouldn’t dare come off anonymous even over yahoo😂

With regard to the rape allegations made to police or campus authority that are proven false after a thorough investigation has established that no crime was committed or attempted, estimates generally vary from 2% to 10%.[1] Due to varying definitions of a "false accusation", the true percentage, however, remains unknown.

I know a woman who throws temper tantrums at work like a small child. When you try to have a conversation with her about it, once she realizes she's wrong, she'll start accusing you of hitting on her. Every time, that's her pattern. To defend her ego with claiming you are perving on her because she knows you have no defense. You asked her if she wants to go in on a pizza and that made her feel uncomfortable. By all means, that is legally qualified sexual harassment, her claimed feelings.

And they all know it.

Although there is no consensus on the actual number, most of the studies that have looked into this agree that the rate of false rape reports is less than ten percent of the reports. In other words, they are rare. It's not a pretense.

False accusation of rape - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › False_accusation_of_rape

Jump to FBI statistics (1995–1997) - ... of "unfounded" forcible rape accusations around 8%.

• oldprof

Yep 10% is rare to me. And who are you to tell me what is rare to me?

Only the most mental case women go through to the courts with said accusations. One of the references you made was a family of the woman who though not initially, eventually got money for it and thus kept the reality a secret to keep hold of the money. There do need to be tougher sentences on women like that. The problem is that its difficult enough for genuine rape victims to come forward. Wouldn't be great if they had to face doubt on top. 

• Taylor4 weeks agoReport

And men falsely accused of rape/pedophilia should be entitled to anonymity 

Probably because there are so many men that will rape, physical abuse, stalk, and sexually harass, the prisons are full of them, so people will be more inclined to believe the woman and no one expects someone to lie about being raped. I, of course, am not saying any of this is fair but that's why.

• wobafetty

Demonizing an entire gender based on the actions of a small few  definitely isn't fair.

"Personal experience and other guys." Yeah, that sounds like a real believable scientific study conducted by someone with a PhD in statistics, right?

So tell me, how many life sentences are you serving for aggravated rape right now, bubba boy?

• wobafetty

Well actually he brought up a case you can go find on you-tube. You don't look very far do you? Rofl *Asks for the information because is to lazy to go look for it*. I don't think it takes a "PHD" to have common sense. What is your excuse?