Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

What happened to Yahoo Answers? Used to be nice fun questions now it's gender and Politics?

Like lmao go to the home page and it's Trump this, Trump that, Feminist this Feminist that

13 Answers

Relevance
  • liz
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best answer

Yes it seemed more light-hearted back then. Sometimes I see screenshots of the old green site and I get nostalgic. Although there were also problems back then. The voting system was abused and there were gangs of reporters that just suddenly went for people. Mind you GS had that here too not long ago. I don’t know why YA! lost it’s way now. I guess we’re just older.

• 1 month ago

i know thats what happens apparently gender and politics are the only things now that anyone wants to talk about and its upsetting

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There used to be tons of very, very knowledgeable participants here such as Rowdy, Invisible Man, Know It All, Beer, etc.  Of course biased feminists like Yac, just begged for them to provide more accurate information.  Sadly few here appreciates their knowledge, most caring more about agenda, so most knowledgeable users have left.   Even the obnoxious and biased feminists who kept this place interesting like Jess, Power Annie, Edith Clark, Dark Eyes and Yac grew weary and left.   

• 1 month ago

Mods and reporters ruined it :((

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The problem is that they lumped the UK and Ireland site with the American site....now it's all Trump, Dumocrats, Republikkkans etc.

Bring back UK and Ireland !!

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have never known this to be a particularly civil forum. It is true that the advent of Trump (and his lack of civility) has promulgated pretty much all social media, here included. If you were expecting flowers and puppy dogs, you should try somewhere else.

Not sure where though.

• 1 month ago

lol thats so true, ive noticed that. politics and feminism is constantly over shadowing everything. i miss the old gender studies section, its becoming so boring now. i wish there were more variety of users, not the same old incels and feminist man bashers.

• 1 month ago

Most people left. There used to be lots of women and men hating questions now those questions get 'Incel' and ugly women' answers so lots of people left.

and the questions have never really changed its the same stuff. i have been here off and on for 5 years

• 1 month ago

feminism has taken over society

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i know, that’s why i don’t go on here as much as i used to

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.