Objectively, does it even matter to look at sentience through net suffering or individual suffering?

No it does not.

• Henry

No, it does not matter because those things are not related.

Sensitivity without a doubt is intelligence. since this cannot exist without sensitivity.

You can only stop caring because the sensitivity is there. Like the sun that shines day after day. That is sensitivity.

The sun exists even if you put yourself in the shade.

The shadow is a barrier boundary.

Its barrier is selfishness, perhaps to protect itself.

No. Suffering isn't an objective experience.

• I learned through my daily reading of wikipedia today that there are many institutions tied in with universtaties and major thinkers of our time (Nobel Prize winners) that are all on a mission to understand poverty and economics, and working on developing/growing undeveloped nations. So yes, normatively and objectively it matters. But to a lay-person, it may just be the globe of Atlas.

While Buddhist I learned that human suffering is something we should all work on reducing. Expanding your output of compassion, is a key tenet in modern Buddhist philosophy.

The objective measurement of human suffering, as in its states of poverty or illness, need to be assessed better. I think Andrew Yang ( I KNOW politics) had an incredible idea to measure a nation's success NOT just on GDP but on real variables that were more at home with people. Bhutan (a small nation in Asia) already does this. It has gone well for them.