Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Wouldn't Yahoo Answers be boring without ridiculous questions, answers, and trolls?

I think Yahoo is trying to tighten its policies on abuse and it is killing all the fun in the community. Who else thinks thst should be limited rules and policies to allow for the always entertaining jackass. If someone really needs guidance they can go see a therapists or research articles and special interests forums for serious answers. Let's bring back the fun and take it back from all the squares in the community. Woooohoooo

• Jeff

Happy to hear you think I am entertaining.

• The Mann4 weeks agoReport

You are the best Jeff. I am awarding you the best answer because you have a sense of humor. ;)

• Zirp

NO. It would become more interesting without the same "jokes" posted over and over..

all women bisexual

UFO-demon guy

butchers and janitors

how much wood woodchuck

how many licks

Many of the post menopausal, frigid middle-aged level 7ers are offended by it. But I think it adds character to this site.

The trolling has got to stop. Falsely reporting (abusing the Report Abuse button) non-violations also has got to stop. These things happen all too often, and users like myself are getting fed up with it. We're fed up with the double standards (non-violations getting falsely reported and deleted, while obvious violations remain). We're fed up with the favoritism on this site, which is why the real trouble makers get away with it and innocent users get left holding the bag.

• The Mann1 month agoReport

That's what I am saying. Yahoo Answers is evolving into some kind overly minority sensitive anti-bullying/anti-trolling/anti-joker platform. Soon enough, you will not be able to ask anything online in fear your account gets banned. Let's not let the powder puffs take away the sense of humor.

I'd be fine if they lightened up on the silly games we use to be able to play here, without being reported out the Wazoo..........but the troll stalking bullsh*t needs to stop.

No one comes here for the abuse and to be targeted.

Fun is fun...............but some of these sick b*stards need mental help.

• The Mann1 month agoReport

Yeah the problem is it is too easy to report an abuser and people misuse this option and the people at Yahoo have too strict policy on handling repeat offenders. I mean this isn't Tinder, POF, or some dating service. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to block other users from answering your questions.

I don't think it's Yahoo doing the tightening but a rogue or rogues who go around the site willy-nilly reporting non violations. Even the guidelines of the site says you can have fun but those rogues have no sense of humor nor know the rules enough to be able to differentiate.

I don't think humorous trolling is a bad thing-- but this site has become a cesspool of poor quality answers and questions and frankly, it is hardly funny anymore. The quality of answers on here is quite poor compared to the competitor sites. You just cannot get good answers from serious people. I feel like that has gotten worse in the past 5-10 years- perhaps due to ineffective moderation here and the sprouting up of competitors. Most questions that I have asked do not receive quality answers. Usually the breakdown is like this for a serious question: say you get 7 answers. 2 will be trolls or people just needing points to ask their own question- 4 will be arrogant snobs who will either criticize your grammar or make inaccurate assumptions based on a few irrelevant details and then give a rude answer- while 1 person will actually answer your question.

Without all the ridiculous "am I hot or not" questions and poor response to quality questions- the people who really could contribute to this site are driven out to other platforms. This is already occurring.

I think another problem with this site is that there is not much of a system in place for rewarding good answers. Only the Best Answer gets rewarded and with community voting long gone, that is only if the asker chooses. The points/levels system encourages a lot of poor quality answers -- people either want to merely express their opinion or to give a short answer for a couple points.

The rules are already limited dude. I sure can tell when someone is new versus when someone has been here even for 5 years (which is still considered new in my eyes)

You new people seem to think that this pathetically low bar that has been set for questions, answers, and trolling on this site is somehow grand or exciting.

This place has gotten messy, the trolls arent funny and I'd say many of the questions arent knowledge seeking. There are no rules here.

• The Mann4 weeks agoReport

Dude I have been a level 1 for longer than you have been a member so stfu.

I'm afraid you're wrong. The rules are needed to ensure complete order and to not allow anything to cause problems on this site. Remember there is no such thing as fun here. If you feel the rules are way too strict to handle, then the best thing to do is not to come back.

• The Mann4 weeks agoReport

You see... you are the kind of powder puff I try to avoid. You are a crybaby whistle blower. I can tell. If someone pissed on your head and told you it was raining you'd believe it. You progressive snowflake. Stop reporting people because you get emotionally insulted. Thicken up.