Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 weeks ago

Is it possible that life is one big DREAM, and when you die you WAKE UP?

Is it possible that life is one big DREAM, and when you die you WAKE UP? Like is it even possible to prove that one isn't constantly dreaming his/her whole life away?

if we all had the same dream yes, sorry death is only the begining

• Raja

The death is a permanent sleep without a dream. There is no waking up. Life is realizing your presence in some form on this earth. Life is to live. Wherever you go and whatever you read, at last you will come to a mere conclusion that life is to live, just to live. First of all you must know what a human being is. Human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games. The soft-wares for these robots are spirits or invisible elements. These robots are programmed by different people by oral talks, writings and actions too. During this process the spirits possess a human being according to the programs. Further these robots can program themselves when they wish. Whatever it is they are all just spirits. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Even thoughts are not these robots' own. One after another they think and these robots either choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to their minds through brains in the form of thoughts. Brain is a media to connect the spirits to your mind. Your mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. A soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. Memories are different spirits. Spirits determine the destiny of a human being from his/her daily activities, talks and thoughts too. On death these spirits leave the body and go to different places. No one lives in any form after death.

• Git

Ahh! The perennial quest to find reality of existence.

“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself.

Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”

~Zhuangzi~

Is it possible? Well,...

“There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.”

~Twilight Zone~

In a sense the "real world" described in the Bible is the "dream." Millions of Christians look forward to the "real life."

THE BIBLE TEACHES THAT GOD WILL DO AMAZING THINGS ON THE EARTH.

People will no longer feel pain, grow old, or die.—Revelation 21:4

“The lame will leap like the deer.”—Isaiah 35:6

“The eyes of the blind will be opened.”—Isaiah 35:5

The dead will be brought back to life.—John 5:28, 29

No one will get sick.—Isaiah 33:24

Everyone on earth will have plenty to eat.—Psalm 72:16

• Joe

Pass the wine, dig that girl.

Sure, why not? We don't actually know the first thing about why we're here or what happens when we die, so one speculation is as good (and bad) as another.

I'd argue that this fantasy is a basic tenant for most religions.  Because absolute nothingness is the most horrifying thing for the human mind. 

Where am I that I am someone else dreaming that I am who I am? That's what I ask myself. Whether or not its a dream, I remain undecided.

You're right, in a way.

The spiritual world is where this material world was created; and it is sustained by it.

But the good news is that you can enter into this spiritual dimention right now....

(You won't like it because it's going to mean you'll have to make some changes; but trust me, you'll never regret it.)

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven.

The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion.

"I am the way."

"I am the door."

"I am the gate."

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention. His kingdom on earth.

The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil.

Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need.

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light."

Do this and live..

Do it today.

Tomorrow may be too late.

• j153e

"Dream" in the sense of a series of accepted-as-defining-reality images has its parallel in atom-based images.

If one integrates waking and subconscious, that ~ = lucidity for the illumined.

"Ask the Awakened" by Wei Wu Wei,

"Dream Yoga and the Practice of Natural Light" by Namkhai Norbu,

"The Master of Lucid Dreams" by Dr. Olga Kharitidi,

"Light Is a Living Spirit,"

"The Path of the Higher Self,"

"Watch Your Dreams,"

"Yoga Nidra: The Art of Transformational Sleep" by Kamini Desai,

"Edgar Cayce on Dreams,"

"The Masters and Their Retreats," and

"Fiery Stronghold" by Nicholas Roerich are

some resources that align with your question.