Have you ever experienced homelessness?

What was it like? What could others have done for you?

• 1 year ago

No..............

• 1 year ago

Never have and hopefully never will.

• No, I haven't hun.

• 1 year ago

no I haven't nor do I want to

• steve
    1 year ago

When I was younger I found myself homeless after a family bereavement and where I lived was owned by the person who died.

He died with massive debts so the house was sold from under my feet. I was kicked out onto the street with what I could carry.

At the time I was at the other end of the country to my immediate family but I was working there so needed somewhere to live.

Alternative housing was way to expensive so I bought a tent, sleeping bag and a camping stove and lived for three months there. Washed my clothes at the local launderette.

Thankfully it was summer so it wasn't too bad.

The local authorities at the time said they could not help me because I did not have an address in their area so I was completely relying on my savings.

I lost my job and could not claim benefits as I did not have an address.

Eventually I had to give up and move back up north to my family.

I was on the south coast of UK in the summer and living out of a tent wasn't bad, hell some people do that for a holiday.

But when I see people in winter sleeping rough I think how in a supposed first world country is no one sorting these people out with a warm safe place to sleep.

• 1 year ago

Only for like one night.

• 1 year ago

No, not even close.

1 year ago

Nope. Came close to foreclosure many years ago but also well that ends well.

1 year ago

Hard to say really, i truly feel for ppl who live in extremely harsh circumstance tho

1 year ago

Nope and hope I never do