Luis asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 2 months ago

What does "Doing the bare minimum" mean?

Im a second year architecture student here at university of houston.

Yesterday I was having a talk with my professor after class. She was telling me my grade for our last project. My professor told me that I should stop doing the bare minimum and try to overachieve instead, I should do more than whats asked of me.

What does doing the bare minimum mean? Lolol

Doing the bare minimum is only doing what is absolutely necessary, in this case, the least work you could do on the project and still get a passing grade. Teachers consider this a form of laziness, but it's also a compliment, because it means the professor knows that if you tried harder, you could do better and get better grades.

It means that you are doing the least possible work that is allowable. It is not only minimal, it is the 'bare' minimum, just enough to get by.

People have already answered you. Get off your **** and reward them. Stop being a tool you crazy! ~.~

It means doing the absolute least.

It means doing barely an average attempt based on the results, putting forth little effort - just enough to pass if lucky.

It means you are not making a great deal of effort.

it means you are just skating by, barely doing what is acceptable to fulfill requirements.

So if you are in the second year of school at the University Of Houston, you have to be right around 20 years old or so, and if you do not know and have to ask what the bare minimum means, then I don't know how you ever got accepted in the first place. Any moron know what it means

• Henry

I thought minimalism is in fashion!

You are doing just enough. You need to do more work, put more effort in if you want to achieve better grades.