Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

would you be upset here? even a little?

If your colleague got flowers, gift basket & a card when she was sick & you got nothing, not even a “ welcome back” from 90% people.. rude?

shouldn't it be equal?

not favorites getting welcome back hugs and gifts..and some of us getting nothing, despite being sick three weeks.

shouldn't it be "give to all or none"?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

I wouldn't necessarily be upset. Because I would know beforehand if that group of people

were likely to give me those things. I would know if I was close enough to them or not.

There's no rule that says it has to be fair. It could be even one person in the office who

really likes her who rallied everyone to buy those things.

However, I might feel a little jealous upon the realization that she was more well-liked and appreciated.

• 3 weeks ago

Its the way the world is

• 3 weeks ago

Rule #1 of the workplace.   These people are NOT your friends!!!  

NOPE!!! I worked with a bunch of psychos!!!  I knew they weren't my friends!!!  I couldn't depend on ANYTHING from them.  Having said that, some people were nice but I'm not the type to be jealous or get mad about things like that.  People are A holes for the most part!!    I understand what you're saying.  Ohhhh, I got wrangled to have to go buy a birthday cake,not with my own money but one old bitty complained about where I bought it from & said something about "next time."  Um, there's never going to be a next time.  I'm so glad I'm out of that situation!! 

• 3 weeks ago

Are you going to keep asking this question for ever, or only another twenty times?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Well..... if you knocked off being a little queen about the fiefdom of a workplace, you wouldn't think of such things... Go to work...do your job, go away. Simple as that.

• 4 weeks ago

ask yourself if they are being kind or kissing her behind to get ahead. maybe people don't know you that well, or maybe they are just assholes. the majority of people are assholes. seriously, ignore them, keep going. 

• it sounds like you felt excluded and left out.

• Jen
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

No, I would just care that people I was friendly with welcomed me back. This person is obviously very much liked.

• 4 weeks ago

there's far too many factors here.............rank? higher position? simply more well LIKED? More friends?

more serious illness? Office sweetheart?

Life is very often not equal or fair, at all.

• 4 weeks ago

I couldn't care less about gifts.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.