Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

would you be upset here? even a little?

If your colleague got flowers, gift basket & a card when she was sick & you got nothing, not even a “ welcome back” from 90% people.. rude?

shouldn't it be equal?

not favorites getting welcome back hugs and gifts..and some of us getting nothing, despite being sick three weeks.

shouldn't it be "give to all or none"?

I wouldn't necessarily be upset. Because I would know beforehand if that group of people

were likely to give me those things. I would know if I was close enough to them or not.

There's no rule that says it has to be fair. It could be even one person in the office who

really likes her who rallied everyone to buy those things.

However, I might feel a little jealous upon the realization that she was more well-liked and appreciated.

Its the way the world is

Rule #1 of the workplace.   These people are NOT your friends!!!  

NOPE!!! I worked with a bunch of psychos!!!  I knew they weren't my friends!!!  I couldn't depend on ANYTHING from them.  Having said that, some people were nice but I'm not the type to be jealous or get mad about things like that.  People are A holes for the most part!!    I understand what you're saying.  Ohhhh, I got wrangled to have to go buy a birthday cake,not with my own money but one old bitty complained about where I bought it from & said something about "next time."  Um, there's never going to be a next time.  I'm so glad I'm out of that situation!! 

Are you going to keep asking this question for ever, or only another twenty times?

Well..... if you knocked off being a little queen about the fiefdom of a workplace, you wouldn't think of such things... Go to work...do your job, go away. Simple as that.

ask yourself if they are being kind or kissing her behind to get ahead. maybe people don't know you that well, or maybe they are just assholes. the majority of people are assholes. seriously, ignore them, keep going. 

• it sounds like you felt excluded and left out.

• Jen

No, I would just care that people I was friendly with welcomed me back. This person is obviously very much liked.

there's far too many factors here.............rank? higher position? simply more well LIKED? More friends?

more serious illness? Office sweetheart?

Life is very often not equal or fair, at all.

I couldn't care less about gifts.