Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 month ago

Why shouldn't English stop being taught in Japan ?

Why should it keep being taught in Japan when the Japanese have shown that they don't want to learn it?

I respect people's free will decisions and I would sign a petition to STOP English teaching there since they are not interested. We can't force people to do anything.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Stopping English education in Japan would essentially end science in Japan. This is because papers are published in English. Science in Japan is not going to end-look at how someone like Dr. Noguchi is a hero.

Then there's the business world. Mercedes-Benz Japan has English, not German nor Japanese as their official language. This is because English is useful right from the shop floor to the C-suites. Even the guy who details the cars after they come off the boat should be in theory be able to discuss in English what they could do to present the cars well on the dealer floor. This is why English language education is for blue-collar folks too.

Therefore even though English language education in Japan has some severe shortcoming (just ask the Germans!), it will go on.

The thing of it is, Japanese people consider themselves to be %100 irretrievably culturally Japanese. Therefore notions of being colonized or "Americanized" or whatever do not really reverberate in Japan. They could learn English all day long and eat nothing but Big Macs-they would still be culturally Japanese. They can't help it.

Source(s): I used to teach MB Japan car washers.
  • 4 weeks ago

The ones that want to move to Kentucky should be the ones that should have to learn

• RICK
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

English is the language of internationsl business

English is the langusge of internationsl aviation

English is the language used world wide, if someone does not want to learn it it then there is no requirement to

• David
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Nobody is "forcing" Japanese kids to learn English.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

all international langauages are taught in all schools throughout this planet

• 4 weeks ago

Because Asian men have janitor faces and they feel that English is too cool for them.

• Robin
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

wow what is this fetish you have with janitors...

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think they should keep teaching it if people there wanted to learn it

• 1 month ago

Well, good luck with banning English since English is the business language of the world and that is not going to change.

• 1 month ago

Any education is good educations as long as it"s not harming anyone

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.