Patrick asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 10 months ago

Wanna live a life in USA so bad?

Hey yall. I'm a Japanese American and living in Japan now. Cutting to the chase, I wanna live in the us so bad. I wanna pursue my music career that I can't do here in Japan bc the music here is trash. (No offense) 

My parents are like "Nooo you shouldn't. You should get a job here in Japan." , but I can't stop thinking about moving.

Should I do it? What do u guys think?

6 Answers

  • 10 months ago
    Favourite answer

    It depends largely on whether you have US citizenship as others say.

    I wonder why your parents say "Nooo you shouldn t. You should get a job here in Japan.". Japan is a country where population is declining and expected to decline in the next few decades. There is no prospect of Japan expanding in the future, but just that of shrinking.

    In this sense, if you are young(and I assume you are because you think about music career), it s better to move to the US. I think you should ask your parents WHY they think you should find a job in Japan.

  • RICK
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    If you hold dual citizenship its easy, otherwise moving here isn't going to happen

  • 10 months ago

    Are you prepared financially to support yourself and pursue employment? If it’s really your dream, pursue it, but plan it well beforehand so it works out well. Your parents probably have the same concerns.

  • Robin
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    i suggest that you go and see s pyscharist as soon as possible as liveing in Japan is so much better than USA. ANytone that wants to move to USA must be insane. I have travelled to most of this world and Japan is so much better than USA

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

    If you hold a US passport, you can move to the US.

    Obviously this doesn't give you any support in doing so, or guarantee you a music career (or in fact any career). How do you plan to support yourself?

  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    If by "Japanese American" you mean you hold dual citizenship, moving to the US is as simple as packing your bags and jumping on a flight. If you are not already a US citizen, moving to the US is far more difficult.

    But I suggest you take some time, research where in the US you want to live, and come over for a vacation first to see firsthand what the people, culture, and music scene are like to see if this is where you really want to pursue your dreams.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.