Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

Can the police actually trace an post that you made on here and actually find out your physical address?

So I got a couple of people on here angry at me, mostly from the people with disabilities section. I got into a heated argument with someone and someone told me that they are reporting me to the police and the FBI cause I threatened to kill her. I also threatened to bring a shotgun to my local target and then people said that they are reporting me to the authorities for that too. I'm just curious as to if the authorities have the ability to trace my posts and find out who I really am. I use fake names and I create email accounts from websites that doesn't require phone verification to avoid being detected. Even if I have to verify a phone number, I got burner phones that are untraceable that I use. I'm wondering if they can trace it back to me if I'm using all of these precautions to become undetectable. Can the police or authorities trace the posts back to me if this lady and others are reporting me to the authorities ?? Would they really take online threats seriously ??

You should go to your local police department and explain what you did. Just explain that you weren't really serious and the police won't come to your door looking for you.

yes, everything is traceable, it may be more difficult with a burner phone, but they will eventually track you down

YEs they can trace you here.. They use IP numbers which is like you giving them your address when yo sign in. ALL they have to do is watch for you to sign in again and they got you.

YOU ARE A DANGER to society if you behave this way and YOU are the kind of person the FBI want to know about.......

This alone is very telling at all the things you DO, DO online

"Even if I have to verify a phone number, I got burner phones that are untraceable that I use."

You, because you are just a punk who thinks he knows how to hide, would be shocked at what all is out there on the big wide web.

Added in reality unless they really really want to find you they will spend little effort on a punk online who thinks he is all that.

It's not your Local Police Department, but a Government Agency, that specialises in Cyber Bullying.

They are supposed to be busy chasing criminals and drug dealers which they dont do.

knock knock..................

yes. this can be done. your posts link back to your ISP and they know who and where you are

the FBI and NSA watches what goes on in the internet 24/7 365.

• Nuff Sed

The "watching" is entirely automatic and has been for many years. They "do their job" by pulling up the historical information as relates to any ongoing investigation.

• Ann

Yep..............................