how do u break bricks when paving your drive way and garden?

I would like to do it myself, the only thing I don\t know is how would I break a brick in halves if needed

• elhigh

There's ways. You can purchase or rent a brick saw and simply cut the bricks. This is the slowest and most expensive way, but also the most precise - you can cut the exactly the desired dimension.

Another way is with a conventional circular saw and a masonry blade. This makes a LOT more dust than a brick saw (which usually runs in water to keep dust under control) but if you already have a saw then you need only purchase the blade. For precise work this is what I do, and set the blade shallow. I cut grooves where I want to make the cut and then carefully break the brick. It almost always breaks on the cut line.

Finally, you can chip a cut line all the way around the brick, and then with a few raps, break off the desired scrap. This takes practice.

Look it up on YouTube to see how experienced bricklayers do it. They make it look easy, but then again doing it a few thousand times will do that.

Good luck with it.

• Lv 4

good answer; also, please always wear eye protection & dust mask and be very careful

• dddddddddddddddddddd

Masonry Brick Contractors announces free consultation and free quotes! For more information you can visit our post at https://posts.gle/PfpDd or website at https://masonrybrickcontractors.com/masonry-contra...

If you are looking to build a new masonry wall or repair an existing masonry wall. You can count on our experienced team. Recently we have been involved with many brick facade that needed repair and brick pointing and tuck pointing. We also recently finished a few beautiful brick pillars.

You can see more of our masonry contractors posts https://posts.gle/jxAE1

Masonry Brick Contractors

1934 54 St Brooklyn, New York, 11204

(917) 909-2360

They cut them with a concrete saw blade in a circular saw.

By using a chainsaw

if you are talking actual bricks ..made of clay ..not paviers ...then do as bricklayers do ..we use a brick hammer ..any bricklayer can crop a brick faster than any machine ...look it up on youtube ...i can cut them in half in seconds ...BUT there's always a but ...it will often leave a ragged edge ..not good for an attractive finish ...a block splitter like used on paviers will not cut a clay brick as good either ...however there is another way ...cut the brick the thickness of the other bricks ..and lay it so the end shows ...the cut facing down

You could ask a bricklayer to do it for you at a certain cost. There is usually an art in doing these things and if you don't have it could be ruining a lot of bricks while learning.

• No Mercy

that's a dumb advice. if I wanted to use help I would have hired one

• KLB

use a tile saw. you can rent one.

• No Mercy

I have a tile saw. we tiled our bathroom ourselves. I doubt it will work on brick

• R K

hit the brick with the edge of your trial where you want it to break

• Jedi Jan

Really cool video. I wonder how many times it took for him to perfect his skill though.