transpose music from F major to C minor in piano?

2 Answers

  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

    C minor is relative to Eb major. So you can move everything up a fifth from F and add three flats. Eb, Bb, and Ab,

    • Mamianka
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

      Clearly. You missed my point. The issue is not the key transposition - but that they want to go major to minor.

  • 2 months ago

    OK - you are not just transposing, but you are also changing from major to minor. Are you SURE that is what you want? F major to Eb major - three flats - is the same *key signature* as c minor - but major to major keeps the original contour and melodic feel of the original. If this is a well-know piece of music, tell us what it is, and what you intend to transpose it for. If this is just to fit a different vocal range, or for a transposing instruments (trumpet, all saxes, both Bb and Eb, horn, etc.) then we need to know. The answer will be short and easy for you - but the change form major to minor (sometimes called "change of mode - even though in modern terms, you are changing *key*) is another issue. My explanation here is about twenty times longer than our short sentence on HOW to do this - once you clear this up.

    Source(s): Multiple degrees in Theory - retired full-time music teacher/career professional classical musician.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.