Danny
Danny asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

Oven issue?

Knob ok oven won't turn off, it will go all the way to turn off but won't go any further, don't want to force it as it may break the oven, have turned gas off so gas doesn't keep running out. Any suggestions on how I can get the knob to turn all the way off, I have used WD40 spray to try and help loosen it but that doesn't seem to be working. Any help will be appreciated.  

UPDATE: Called out a professional to look at it and they sorted it all out.

Replacing that entire unit would be best but the part may not be available if the oven is old. I just had the same problem and we decided to replace our old oven. We then fell into the mode: well if we do that then we should also do this and if we do that then we also need to do the other thing and if we do that...... we re-did the entire kitchen. We now have a beautiful new kitchen and were relieved of a truck load of money!

Have you tried Flextape©?

It sounds as though it needs a new tap. Don't try to do it yourself.