Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

I want nothing to do with my father please help?

My dad has done absolutely nothing for me growing up, he left my mother and I to go sell and do drugs. He calls me to tell me that everything my mother and I have is because of him and he calls me a selfish B**** for not wanting to talk to him. I am very close to my dads side of the family here in my city and now they also started to call me selfish for not wanting to talk to him or visit him in Mexico. My father is toxic and won’t leave me alone and I love my family but they keep bugging me to visit him. What can I do or say to keep my family and have nothing to do with him? 

You have just written to us.....

Why don’t you write to your dad and be honest about what concerns you.

My Daughter and I were tight for 11 years till my now x wife decided to leave me. The X and family pumped - thoughts in my daughters head and now shes 27 and does not bother with me. I just let her go. I won't push myself on no one. She don't want to see me Her lose. I gave my all for that little girl  the X ruined it for me. Can't blame my Daughter. Life is complicating. The same shoe does not fit every foot. Good luck.

use caution no father should be calling his kids the B word that shows where hes at don't go out of your way be strong and if you want to talk to him go a head but keep your distance for your own good 

I Really hope you see this.... I can’t stand my dad he was terrible growing up. I felt like everyday was jail living with him. But now that I’m an adult I agreed to talk it out with him and we are cool now but I’ll never go out my way to see him. I think you should give the guy a chance. Everyone deserves one opportunity and I couldn’t imagine how hurt I’d be if I had a daughter who despised me. But remember you don’t owe him anything at all. He needs to come to your city and meet where you want when you want. If he can’t do that he should **** off. But I really think you should give the guy a chance if he puts effort. We only got one life. And maybe he finally realized his time is running up. 

Ask him the last time he gave money to your mom for bills? The last time he's bought groceries for your family?

Just giving life to you isn't all there is to being a father.

Maybe you can tell him that you have your mother's standards and values rather than his - her strength rather than his selfishness. That you don't respect crime and criminals. Good Luck!

If more than one person says something about you, then it is true. You ARE being a selfish b!t©h by not talking to or visiting your father. The bible says to honor your parents, & obey them.

Kill someone and frame him for murder. Worked for me.

What you can do depends on your age. If you are 18 you tell him to leave you alone and do no contact you. If he contacts you again make note of it and keep a record of each time he contacts you. Then you take it to the police and look into getting a restraining order.

If you are under 18 you tell your mom how you feel and simply refuse to speak to him when he does call. Hopefully, your mom will understand and respect that and not punish you saying you are being rude.

just tell them you dont want to talk about it anymore