Which processor is better in a laptop? Intel i5-825OU @ 1.60 GHz 1.80 GHz or Intel i5-421OU @ 1.7 GHz 2.40 GHz Thanks!?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

The i5-8250U will be better of the two.

The first digit of the model number (*4*210U and *8*250U) denote the generation of chip. Therefore the i5-8250U is an eighth-generation i5, whereas the 4210U is a 4th-generation chip. The 8th generation chip will be better in overall performance and efficiency vs the older chip.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

off course i5-8250U is better.. it has 8th generation cpu structure which is far better than 4th generations.. 

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I'd go for the Intel i5-825OU @ 1.60 GHz 1.80 GHz!! 8D

• 9 months ago

Obviously i5 8250u is better. The reason being it is newer, it has better build. The clock speed, being inferior, doesn't make it any lesser.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

The Intel 4210u is better but that's still terribly slow! why would anybody go to a department store and purchase one of these slow slow monstrous laptops! You can go on eBay and you can by A Dell 4600 with an i7 3.2 gigahertz processor and 82 gig graphics card and a solid state drive for under $325. I'll guarantee you that it will blow away anything that you can purchase in a department store for less than $1,500

• 9 months ago

Compare the two, at Tom's Hardware.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Makes no difference. They are both i5's... you can have two laptops, with those CPU's and not notice any difference at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.