:) asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 2 months ago

is there really such thing as an american flamingo?

i have a hard time believing that there are because i have seen documentaries about flamingos in africa and never in north america so the internet is obviously lying

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes, they do exist. They tend to inhabit Central America and northern parts of South America (Colombia, Venezuela and northern Brazil), the Galápagos Islands and are known to visit Southern Florida.

• 2 months ago

They're here. They came up from Chile.

-----------------------------

The American flamingo is a large species of flamingo closely related to the greater flamingo and Chilean flamingo. It was formerly considered conspecific with the greater flamingo, but that treatment is now widely viewed as incorrect due to a lack of evidence. Wikipedia

• 2 months ago

Flamingos fly. HIstorically there were populations in Florida. More recently populations elsewhere have been known to stop by for a visit.

So, yes, there is such a thing as "American flamingo."

• 2 months ago

Yeah bro there are. I remember when I use to go on class field trips to the zoo there were some there. so there a probably a ton in America.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Go to the dark web you'll find it there

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.