What will they ask me when reporting a lost debit card?

I am a bit nervous on the phone and would just like to know in advance what kind of questions they will ask me when reporting my debit card as missing, including any information they will want me to give regarding my account.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

When you noticed the card missing, account number, balance that should be there, your name of coarse, address and prof your YOU!  And go to the bank and do it!

• 4 weeks ago

300 word essay on why socks and sandals are not acceptable in public 

• Sally
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

they will want confirmation of your identity. That is all

Source(s): www.banking101.com
  • 1 month ago

They will want to confirm your identity. They will take your lost card out of service and issue you a new card.

Report the lost card as soon as possible so they can take the lost card out of service.

Otherwise its not a big deal to the bank. People lose their cards all the time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your name.

When you lost it.

Whether you think it was stolen or just lost by accident.

Where you remember using it shortly before you lost it.

Your account number or card number (if you can remember it).

A few random things about yourself (address, social security number, etc.)

• 1 month ago

They actually won't ask ANYTHING about the account. They will ask questions to verify who YOU are.

• 1 month ago

The first thing to do is report your lost card to your card issuer, and, if you think your card has been stolen and used, to report the fraudulent use to the credit reporting agencies and also create a fraud alert. It is best to do this within two days, though some credit card issuers are more forgiving than others.

• nothing they just will ask for ur name

• 1 month ago

- Verification that you are the card owner.

- Where/when did you use the card last.

• 1 month ago

They will ask you to send pics of bobs

• John1 month agoReport

Just send a picture of Bob Newhart and another of Bob Denver.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.