Should I choose day care for my 2 month old?

I am a single mother (father doesn’t help, more like can’t. He doesn’t have a job) and I have a full time job that I have to be returning to soon. I don’t trust the father alone with my daughter because he hasn’t helped to support her since she’s been born. I’m scared of having to take her to daycare, but it may be my only option. 

Is there anyone who can give me positive feedback on your experiences with daycare and do you think it’s to young to send her to one? I can’t not go to work when I’m the only one keeping her and myself insured through my company.

• B

first, deal with the reality baby daddy need to pay up, go to him and ask him for money or go to court. second, post an ad to ask for a in home day care (licensed in home day care) which is a better alternative than the big box day care. you need to get some financial support from baby daddy, and suing him will be the best way, the court will attach garnishment to his wages to get you that money.

NO, NEVER EVER TAKE A BABY TO A DAY CARE! KEEP SEARCHING FOR ALTERNATIVES. PRAY ABOUT IT ALSO. "NO SUCCESS COMPENSATES FOR FAILURE IN THE HOME/DAY CARE".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO092kTDqkE

Youtube thumbnail

Well, what other options do you have?

And by the way, you need to go through the courts. Your baby daddy will either need to get a job or have back support taken straight from his checks when he does get one. He doesn't get to just not work and not support his child.

• Byrd

Well you don't have a lot of options now do you?

• VAA

Many day cares will not take babies under the age of six weeks so you should be fine. Please...do not leave her with the father. A crying baby will not have a chance with an out of work lazy father, he wont't be able to handle her needs. Do your research. Have you applied for assistance with the state? They have resources you can use such as child care subsidies. Apply for them if you need to. Physically go into these centers and tour them, talk to the staff and ask them questions. You are not alone as so many mothers today must work outside of the house and they have little ones. Just be sure to do your homework. Good luck to you.

i would just check them out first, not all of them are bad unless you want to hire someone to babysit