How to stop my roommate from taking advantage of my kindness?

My roommate was in the hospital with necrotizing fasciitis in his foot.His Dr.gave him meds to help with pain etc.. Roommate used all his meds and is still in pain Dr wont give anymore meds until roommate sees a pain specialist.I felt so bad for roommate in so much pain and helped him get pain meds from his friend.and meds only last 1 day and pain again.How do I stop roommate from trying to use his illness and try to guilt me into buying him pain meds every day until he sees pain Dr.I say no and he says I dont care.help

• Edna

Don't EVER buy pain meds from a friend and give them to some other person. You don't know what's in those pain meds or what they were prescribed for. If your friend is still in pain, he needs to go back to his doctor and follow the doctor's instructions.

Give him the penalty

Let him go through cold turkey and tell him the things he is seeing whilst sweating that they are real are going to kill him a wooden spoon

• Linda

That's rough. As someone in pain management and the long waiting period to get in to see someone, many people are suffering from the opioid epidemic. You should not have given your roommate a friend's meds. Now he assumes you will keep on doing it. Tell your friend you can't obtain anymore and has he tried CBD oil or kratom powder for pain relief? I feel sorry for your friend but he will have to find alternative methods of pain relief until he can see pain management.

just tell him you cant do that

1.) Slice his hand with a knife.

2.) ???

3.) Tend to his wound.

4.) Be kind to him.

You can't help someone with a drug dependency by enabling them to use even more drugs. Pain killers don't work when you take too many. Try to encourage taking Ibroprofen first, then 2 hours later Paracetamol (Tylenol). They work in a syngergistic manner. Don't exceed the stated daily dose. If he does weed then that's anecdotally better than any of those OTC things. Pain doctor needed for legal CBD oil.

• Byrd

He's a great manipulator and he probably isn't even in pain he's just addicted. Get a new roommate

Does he have an appointment to see pain doctor?

If no, then it is him that doesn't care.

If he does how many days from now?

options:

1) Realize If you are giving him prescription pain meds you are committing a felony.

2) Say no. Stick to it.

3) If over the counter, tell him to give you enough money to buy several days worth until his appointment.

You look for another apartment and the bloodsucker will be on his own.