Paid for fast shipping. Says it’ll ship in a MONTH almost. What??

Bought an HP laptop and mouse-paid about ten bucks for fast (2-4 days) shipping as opposed to regular (3-6 days) shipping. But the mouse is on track. But as far as the laptop, it says it won’t ship till November 15th! I did put customizations on it but if having to custom make the laptop was going to push back it’s delivery date so far, shouldn’t they have made that clear BEFORE I paid for faster shipping, not AFTER in the email I got? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • VP
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

Well, I guess you're learning the difference between SHIPPING TIME and CUSTOMIZATION/BUILD TIME. Shipping time doesn't start until the new laptop is finished being built.

It's always been that way. There's nothing to complain about. If you ordered it from HP.com then you're customer #10349569 -- in other words, there are a crapload of people ahead of you.

• 3 weeks ago

custom means they have to make it special. that means scheduling it into the custom shop and that requires time. [PS: these aren't made in USA, so it, rather naturally, takes a couple of weeks extra to have it make in Asia and then shipped to the US.]

• John
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Most items shipped from China don't move quickly. Years ago I ordered an HP laptop from HP in California and it was shipped from China.

• 3 weeks ago

If it’s amazon ask for a refund for the shipping.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I say you should complain.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Fast shipping does not mean they will get it to shipping quickly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.