Keeping a Work Permit and Drivers License after dropping out?

I am 16 years old (Turning 17 next month) and I am a Junior (Grade 11) in High School. Due to an expulsion my Freshman year (Grade 9) and personal problems i only have about 6 or 7 High School credits. I have figured out that the only choice i have at this point is to drop out of the High School i am in since their credit recovery program isn't working for me. I live in the state of Indiana and i was wondering if there is any way AT ALL if i can keep my license and work permit from getting revoked due to withdrawing from school. I cant find anything online about my problem and i need help ASAP to know if there is anything i can do.

and no i will not try anything to stay in school. At this point i just want out and to take the GED at a LATER TIME.

1 Answer

  • Squid
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

    If they’re under 18 and haven’t graduated or received consent to withdraw from school, former students who haven't returned to class at the beginning of a semester will have their driver’s license or learner's permit revoked (or won't be able to get a new one). They’ll also lose their employment certificates. (Ind. Code Ann. § 20-33-2-28.5(f), (g) (2019).)

    • Seth9 months agoReport

      So does this mean that as long as i get consent to withdraw, i wont get my stuff revoked?

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.