Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

My sister took money from me without permission?

So I’m 19 and my sister is almost 30, I live with my parents and my sister recently moved in when she didn’t have anywhere else to go, she’s lazy and doesn’t want to get a job or work for her own stuff, she lived with her bf and relied on him for finances and stuff, they broke up apparently which is how she got in that situation and was forced to move back in, when I woke up I realized all my cash was missing thankfully I usually don’t carry much because I use my debit card for shopping and all that, I checked my bank account and saw a bunch of transactions I didn’t make and there was suddenly 500$ worth of stuff spent, fortunately and conveniently my webcam was pointing towards my wallet and was recording the whole night I was sleeping so I decided to review the footage and saw she grabbed my wallet and took the cash and my debit card out and then a couple hours later went back and put my debit card back in my wallet and I gotta say I’m very upset about it I have thousands of dollars in there that I worked very hard for months and months to get, I’m planning on downloading the video and showing it to my parents, it’s good enough evidence to my parents but idk what I can do legally with it if all I have is footage of her taking it out, does anyone have any advice on what I can do in this situation?

Thanks for the answers I didn’t expect so many people wanting to help, I told her that I have video evidence of her taking my money and I got her to pay me back by selling the stuff, we’re deciding to keep her around but now she knows that if she tries anything again I can get her arrested just like that, it’s been a month and she hasn’t done anything since

kick her out of the house and give her tough love

How did she get your banking code for the debit card you say she took?  Did you confront her with your "evidence"?  

You can take your evidence to the police but expect that that will destroy your family and they may even condemn you over her because you take such action.  Your choice but I would handle it with her first and if she becomes an assss then tell her you are going to the police unless the entire amount is placed on your bed or in your hand by such and such.  Give her 5 to 10 days.

• Eva

She didn't need the PIN number to buy stuff on line.

• zipper

You have the prof to have her locked up, but she is your sister. Now how did she get into your bank account?  You need to have a talk with the bank Manager about that, that is a Federal Crime.

• Kidddas

read the entire question?
      she took his credit card from his wallet.

plant drugs everywhere in her house and call the police of suspision on her, they will find the drugs and jail her.

Gently ask her that you are waiting for the refund...

She is obviously on drugs. She isn't doing it because she's a thief, she does it because she has no choice. I'd smack the cow in her face with a shovel

The video is your proof. Confront her with it and demand that she pay you back and within a specified amount of time. If she does not then file theft charges against her

• keerok

She moved back in. Now, it's your time to move out!

• Enrique1 month agoReport

I’m planning on that I’m just saving up for a house

Report it to the police. She is a thief. If she was a child or teen or had taken cash only, I would have leniency, however, she is a fully grown adult who stole your debit card and bought goods with it. That is just not on.

you could sue her