Who does the interrogations in a police station?

Don't try to be clever and just say "the interrogator" I know there are people who are trained to do it. But can detectives/FBI/cops/etc do it too if they want?

• Cee

Usually one or two detectives.

Any Police Officer can "do the interrogations." It depends on who is working.

• Bruce

There is no standard answer, every department determines how investigations are done. Unless it is a major crime, officers on my department are expected to do their own interviews/interrogations. On other departments, patrol passes it off and gets back on the road as soon as possible.

For serious crimes, there are detectives available that have specialized training in interviews and interrogations.

Actually, there are RARELY specialists in interrogation involved, or even available.

In most cases, it is a stretch to refer to QUESTIONING at a police department as interrogation.

The poster has been watching shows, such as 'SVU,' where 'our old friend' the FBI agent pops in, usually a big name guest star. That's not how it works in real departments.

• Eliza2 months agoReport

Bruh I don't even know what SUV or "our old friend" is. I just don't know who interrogates people

Members of the department doing the investigation, usually those actually involved in the investigation, do the interrogation. Why would someone do an interrogation for an investigation they aren't involved in?

their the detectives