My neighbors have had a yard sale going on for 4 days and leaving it all out every night and day. How many days can they leave that stuff?

Out there before I should call code enforcement it looks very trashy and disorganized

10 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If your town has a yard sale fee, they could be totally legal in what they are doing.  Check with the Township Office to see if there is a permit and time span, then you know what the next step should, shut-up or get an attorney.

• G R
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

call code enforcement and ask them or better yet go ask your neighbors how much longer they are planing on keeping their items out, which you have a right to ask and then express to them that you'd appreciate it it they would pick things up.

• 4 weeks ago

There may not be any time limit. There is not any one world wide amount of time. This is an international site. This kind of thing would be a local law that you would have to check.

• 4 weeks ago

Laws vary. Instead of causing trouble, when they might be perfectly within their rights, why don't you stroll on over, have a look around and casually ask how many more days are they going to be selling their stuff. If they say until it's all sold, why don't you say something like "At some point, you really ought to consider donating it".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The real question is, how is it affecting you? Not at all, right? So maybe just not make a stink about it, so you can get along with your neighbors better. I'm sure it won't be there months from now.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

In Boston, for example, you can get an administrative fine of $100 per day for display of your junk for more than a day.

• 4 weeks ago

Call code enforcement now and ask. I'm sure they will tell you.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That will depend on local laws to where you live.....you need to research that or report it anyway and they will tell you the law

• 4 weeks ago

depends on local law..........

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I checked all the laws in Egypt and Russia, but I haven't found anything on that yet. I have a few more countries to go through. Please check back in 4 months for the right answer.

Or, you could talk to your city, town, or whatever your local jurisdiction is about it instead of asking people from around the world.

• R P
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Erik, YA is an INTERNATIONAL site. So, maybe you should get YOUR head of of YOUR ***.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Rules vary from one city to another. If there is home owners' association, you could take up the matter with them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.