How do I ask for a job at a place I did an internship before?

I did an internship last summer at a relatively small company. They liked me a lot and even expressed that they wished I was graduating earlier so I could remain there. Now I've graduated, I want to ask for a permanent job there, but I haven't contacted them since the end of my internship.

How should I go about doing this? What should the email I send say? Should I include a CV, or is that too presumptuous?

Thanks

Start by contacting the person who was your boss during your internship.  You don't need to be coy, but don't ask for a job.  Instead, note the you've graduated and are currently looking for a job.  You are wondering if there are any opportunities/openings at ABC company and or if he/she knows of anther other jobs that might be a good fit for you.  This is also the right time to as them if they will be a reference for you, if you haven't already done so. 

If your recollection of your internship is correct, the person should be happy to hear from you and do what they can to help you find a job either with that company or another.

Do you not have any basic writing skills? First off, you check on their website and see if they have an opening, then you apply like any normal person would, by submitting your resume, they would know you did an internship there and would contact you if they have an opening and want to interview you. Oh my goodness, how and why do the simplest things become so complicated?

I’d send the CV, and mention your internship in your cover letter. It’s important to follow up soon after they receive your CV and cover, and be persistent.

I'd try sending an email to my last boss and asking if they know of any vacancies coming up which would be suitable.