Hello all, Where would one find elderly that need caregivers? Is there anywhere their families would post about it online?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Often, in the USA anyway, agencies provide qualified caretakers, who are often bonded and insured and generally have some sort of basic training.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

The majority of people needing care will acquire the care they need via their health visitor or social worker or family will arrange it for them. I have never seen an advertisement posted by a carer wanting such work. Contact social services of someone similar to see if you could be placed on a list so that others will know that you are available.

• Judee
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

I have never known an elderly person advertise that they need a caregiver in the U.K. Here we have social services who will know of many agencies who hire carers and find them work and older people usually know how to access their local carers. If in doubt ask your doctor and he should be able to set the wheels in motion but if you are wanting to find work as a carer yourself you could also advertise the service you offer and discuss prices etc. No-on HAS to use an agency either to find work or to find a carer. The agencies take a large cut of the price the elderly people pay.

• 3 weeks ago

It depends what country you are in. There are many countries represented here.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Craigslist.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

When an elderly person needs a caregiver, they almost always hire them through companies or official organisations.

No-one with any sense wants an unqualified person caring for their elderly relative - they prefer to hire someone who has been thoroughly checked and has relevant experience, medical knowledge and has a supporting organisation behind them.

I'd also add that few elderly people would want a 22/23 year old person caring for them. They prefer a more mature, motherly person with a lot of life experience.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.