What if they raise our retirement age to the age of 110 years of age?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

That will be the ultimate solution to "saving" Social Security. And. . . the SSA continually trying to influence seniors to postpone applying for retirement benefits (so many more die before they get any payout), and the Congress raises the "full" retirement age. SO: take whatever you can AS SOON as you can - who knows when they'll change the rules ....... and it will be more difficult to take benefits away from those already receiving them than those who haven't started.

• 1 month ago

They won't, unless modern medicine magically allows us to live to be 140.

• 1 month ago

I have the perfect solution. There should be a set retirement age to collect social security at age 63. But it should be a sliding scale social security! Not based on how poor you are but based on how much money that you're willing to earn and keep on earning! If you can't work or don't want to work you'll get the basic social security. But at the end of the year if you are a senior there should be a special senior credit on your income tax return just like there's a special credit for cranking out the children! And for every provable dollar that you earn you should get $1 in federal income tax credit! And you should be able to continue to work as long as you want to and receive your basic social security income! And to continue to pay social security tax on what you earn. this will encourage people to continue to work for as long as possible and will have a lot less sick people when you stopped working you dry up and you go downhill fast!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Too late, I'm drawing my pension!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There will be, um, problems!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.