Larry asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 4 weeks ago

What is the difference between these 3 TCL 55" TVs?

I am in the market for a 55" TV by TCL. These 3 tv's have very similar model numbers and specs are identical for for all 3.... can someone please tell me what the difference is? TCL Model 55R613, 55R615 & 55R617. 

The TCL R625 is their new 2019 high end model (until they come out with the 8 series). It uses Quantum Dot like Samsung’s QLED line which makes it a fierce competitor for the price. It improves on their full array local dimming by making it a bit more aggressive and has a fantastic color volume.

The R617/R615 is their 2018 model. It does not use Quantum Dot so it has an okay color volume. It’s local dimming system isn’t as aggressive but still good. It also uses Sub-Pixel Dimming which means it can’t “fully” display a 4K image. This is only really noticeable if you use it as a PC. The difference between the two is the remote, and that the R615 is a Best Buy exclusive.

I couldn’t find anything on the R613 other than it’s a Costco exclusive. So it might be another different remote look. I personally would go for the R625 seeing as it’s the newest one, that also uses the newest technology.

There is no reason to ask.

TCL is not worth buying.

Start shopping for a Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, Hitachi, or LG.

If no one bought any brand but these five,

there would soon be less junk on the market.

• Skylar J

How on earth can you say Toshiba and Hitachi aren’t junk TVs? Toshiba and Hitachi are both budget brand TVs that offer absolutely nothing other than Roku and Amazon Fire. At least TCL is pushing the boundaries of picture quality. They are going to be the first to offer MiniLED with QLED display

They are all pretty much the same TV. The 617 has a voice remote I think., The 615 can only be bought at BestBuy