Is talking in the phone while driving illegal?

Not texting. Holding the wheel with one hand. Eyes in the road.

• Linda

Not that I know of. Probably not a good idea though.

how can you drive and be in your phone at the same time?

In my stste, yes

Laws varies, from state to state then it is from where I live

It is where I live.

It depends on the state. In some states, it is illegal if you are holding the phone with the other hand, but legal if you are using the phone in hands-free mode.

Laws vary WIDELY. In many jurisdictions, using a handheld device is illegal. In some states, talking on a speaker phone is legal for those over a given age, but not for those under that age. Some jurisdictions have no restrictions in the law for voice activated devices.

In short, without knowing WHERE you are asking about, the correct answer can't be known.

• sam

In many places, yes. Most cars have handsfree phone connection

• STEVEN F

Most NEW cars. MOST cars on the road were made before ANY cars offered that feature.

in most states yes

The laws are different in every state.  Where I live, California, it's legal to talk while driving, so long as the phone is not in your hand.