Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 4 weeks ago

What's the background story here why are they posing like this for the photograph?

Update:

Well, I was looking for an actual answer Reductio but it's possible that one is not possible. It's clear that they are messing around. Ronald 7 actually gave a real answer. :D

You just made an observation. I asked for background, not what the photo was...

Update 2:

I'm not ignoring ANY answers. :D Thanks for sharing everyone.

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Zheia
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

"What happened to Snoopy?"

"Don't tell anyone!"

"I didn't see him"

"Keep your voice down, you're too loud!"

They are the crew of Apollo 10 who went to the moon but did not land. The lunar module was tested above the moon's surface as a rehearsal for Apollo 11's landing. The Apollo 10 crew were Eugene A Cernan, Thomas P Stafford, and John W Young. All three astronauts had previously flown in space with the Gemini missions, and went on to crew later Apollo missions.They apparently heard strange noises in space. The lunar module ascent stage was left in orbit instead of being jettisoned to the moon's surface, but is unknown where it actually is. A few years ago a group of astronomers set out to find the ascent stage which is out there in space somewhere.

• 4 weeks ago

NASA astronauts & crews were always getting their portraits & crew shots taken;  at the end of most formal poses, they'd take a couple of parody shots... 

So, for every 20,30, 40 formal poses, you'd get one 'joke' shot: 

Attachment image
  • D g
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because monkeys went first that's the three monkeys see no evil hear no evil speak no evil

• 4 weeks ago

Three wise monkeys.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Fred
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Someone told the three astronauts that they were going to send monkeys to the moon in 2026 because it was cheaper and there wasn't any reason nor purpose to send humans.

A photghaper caught their response!

• 4 weeks ago

This is a photo of the Apollo 11 crew, the three Americans who successfully guided their spacecraft in making the first lunar landing in July, 1969. They are: Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, and Michael Collins. Neil Armstrong was the first man to set foot on the surface of the moon. It was a historic, and long-awaited launch for the U.S.

The three men are 'goofing around' in this photo, imitating the actions of the Three Wise Monkeys. 'See No Evil" covers his eyes; "Speak No Evil," covers his lips, and 'Hear No Evil" covers his ears. Twenty years earlier, in the unsophisticated world of space exploration, the U.S. sent a rhesus monkey into space (the Soviets sent a dog)! I am quite sure that this photo, in the most entertaining way possible, was planned to show: 'Mission accomplished, and we're NOT monkeys--or any other furry creature. We're humans, the real deal, and we did it!'

• 4 weeks ago

Three guys posing for a funny photo.

You mean you've never seen a picture of guys fooling around? Where you been?

• 4 weeks ago

They were acting the Three Wise Monkeys

Either that or one of them let off a silent but deadly

Attachment image
  • 4 weeks ago

Interpret it as you like.

Looks to me like a pun on the 3 wise monkeys.

Don't forget in early days of space flight, they sent monkeys to do a mans job.

• 4 weeks ago

maybe they are laughing or they are making a funning joke, the picture is for your won interpolation

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.