Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Why can't women be leaders in Christianity?

Whatever leadership role a woman has, the man is always above her in Christianity. Why?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Just like man can't have baby's.

woman are not to preach in the congregation. This is Jesus and his fathers arrangement, not men's. But we can preach to others outside of the congregation. But not with the motive of being a leader or starting a outside congregation. We preach what we learn and what we hope for, to individuals who want to learn. If we preach in the presence of our home and our husbands or someone taking the lead is present, woman should wear a head covering.-Matthew 28:18-20;24:14;Acts;1 Corinthians 11:3-16

1 Timothy 2:12

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man, but she is to remain silent (Encouraging someone is not taking the lead over a man, but simply encouraging.)

Source(s): https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/gods-love/chri... Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Have Women Preachers? What role do women play in the worldwide preaching work done by Jehovah’s Witnesses? https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/women...
  • 4 weeks ago

they can in Christiamn England we had  woman Prime Ministers, women Priests Women CEO,s  women Headmasters the Queen of England is Head of state for all of the UK

• Paul
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Women cannot be priests because Jesus Christ clearly demonstrated His will on that subject by choosing 12 out of 12 men as His first priests/bishops. However, women can do everything else that men do in the Church.

• armouror
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

Only the Pagan Roman Catholics are afraid of women us Anglicans dont have a problem with women priests

• 4 weeks ago

They can't lead congregations yet. They can't hold a formal priesthood yet. Other than that, many women have been leaders within Christianity.

• jon pike
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

They CAN be priests in the Anglican/Episcopal Church.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Because all the religions from the Middle East put man above woman. While there is the occasional woman in the Torah and OT, they play supporting roles only. The main characters are all men.

Even now the Roman Catholic Church disallows women from being priests. But I must point out that Judaism can now have female Rabbis. Good for them. And Muslims, forget about it; females can't even go to mosque with the men let alone be an Imam.

• 4 weeks ago

It doesn't hold much weight in Christianity today but I think it goes back to God's Word: "Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."

Under the New Covenant between God and mankind, women are fully emancipated and have equal rights and leadership roles in Christian countries.

• glcang
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

We live in a patriarchal society. The Church has a long tradition of very clear gender roles.It was founded by a hierarchy that was male .This wasn’t always the case. There were many ancient matriarchal societies . This was before the mythology changed and women were blamed for the evil in the world. It is no accident that the male energy has been the dominant one for millennia. It has a little to do with the physical strength of men but more to do with an imbalance between the divine masculine and the divine feminine. Do some research and you will see for yourself.

• 4 weeks ago

They belong in the kitchen

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They can be leaders. You've been misinformed it seems.

• 4 weeks ago

It's Christian tradition. It doesn't bother me at all.

@ comments, Sophia -- Your Greek needs help. You didn't finish your sentence -- which is now reported for being unintelligible.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Kazoo M
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Perhaps, I honestly don't know - I just read text; faces are unseen.
      Although, our words should be respectful and display courtesy.
      The latter is something you should consider to improve your character.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.