I don't get the "Diversity is our great strength" thing. Can anyone explain it?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

this idea came into existence because for years we were very selective on who we allowed in the country. we would only allow people who were well off to come from other countries. like people with money, and education. because these people were successful, and also became a large portion of our intelligent people, and business owners. in the U.S.. the left somehow equated that to hey all these immigrants are doing such a great job in the U.S.. this must mean that we need more immigrants from everywhere so our economy can improve even more. without realizing the only reason those original immigrants were good for the U.S. was because they were pretty well off before they came here. like doctors, surgeons, scientists. most were trained before they came to America. or they came to America to study then moved here when finished with there degree. then those highly intelligent immigrants have highly intelligent children that also do good for the economy. inviting poor immigrants that will be useless to us does not make the economy better. it is a drain on our welfare system. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Well, in general, racism is a weakness. That's because it hot swap access to lots of talent for silly reasons of social Prejudice. One of the reasons that the u.s. is the top player in the knowledge economy is that we've been willing to welcome talented people from pretty much anywhere. If you look at the landscape of Silicon Valley, ton of the biggest companies were created by immigrants, many more of them have been run by immigrants. A diverse society, and one which is welcoming of diversity, will have the choice of the best people.

• Chris
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

If you have ever worked on a large and complex engineering project with a “diverse” team speaking a bunch of different languages, you know that diversity is a pain in the azz and it increases the chances of a potentially dangerous misunderstanding or misinterpretation.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The more diverse a nation is, the more viewpoints are added into it. This is very good as you can come up with more solutions.

Biologically, diversity is also favored as it increases the chances for survival in a population and dilutes recessive mutations; as opposed to homogeneity where recessive mutations tend to arise and be expressed more.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I could, but I know it would be a wasted effort as you're too stupid to understand.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

TruthHurts -he dont like immigrants, diversity.

TruthHurts must be 100% Native American.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The following was inscribed on the Statue of Liberty in 1883 when the US was a bit player on the world stage. Since then, it opened it's borders to countless immigrants and became the most powerful country in the world:

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

The current batch of racists struggle to understand the roots of America. White supremacists hate diversity.

• 3 weeks ago

Suppose you lived in some crappy country 100 or 150 years ago.  This might even be in Europe, or it could be Asia, South America, wherever.  Nobody likes living in this country because there is widespread poverty, bad government, not enough food, or whatever it is.

MOST people will just stay there.  This is where I am, this is where I'll stay.  But a few enterprising people will decide to leave, in hopes of finding a better life.  These people are bold risk-takers.  They might spend every penny they have to get to some newer/better/freer place they've heard of, and arrive there with not much more than the clothes they're wearing, in hopes of WORKING THEIR BUTTS OFF to improve their lives and their families' lives.

Those are the people who make up the US.  Every great writer, great scientist, great inventor, great businessman, etc.--all the people who Made America Great--were either born overseas or their parents or grandparents were.  Were all YOUR grandparents born here?

That's the greatness of not just the US but Australia Canada, Argentina, South Africa and a few other 'immigrant nations'.

My Mom's family were thrown out of Ukraine for being the wrong religion, back in 1908.  I hear their story today and think 'Gosh, who would have the guts to do today what they did then?'  They didn't even want to move!  But they did a lot better here than if they'd stayed, and I'm so grateful because -I- got to be born here.

• 3 weeks ago

They want to ruin our beautiful gene pool with parasites from different lands just to increase the voting base

• Mark
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Beautiful gene pool? You should see this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain to see what happens when you tend to keep a gene pool closed

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It's when we force everyone to accept blacks as humans when they really arent, same thing with arabs and hispanics. They all dont contribute to society, but liberals seem to think we have to accept them or else we're racist. We were much more efficient when we were white only.

Attachment image
    • Mark
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Seems biology wasn't your strong point. All those races are humans. You also failed history as blacks, hispanics, and arabs have all contributed a lot to society.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.