What is scarier dying or getting old and dealing with what seniors have to face?

I'm 50 and getting old scares me to no ends.Β 

I am 83 and already I have been through more scary things than dying. It's living that gets scary at times.

• P.L.

God keeps me calm regardless of my situation at any particular time. I have serious health issues but He still provides my needs and reassures me.

It's scarier to me on what seniors have to face. Many seniors are abused, especially in the USA. Everything is taken away from them at the end to pay for help they need. It's not right & it's not fair.

• Jackolantern
      3 days agoReport

You should be more proud that the US does take care of you even if you have nothing to re-pay it. It is not right for other's to have to pay taxes to benefit you so your heirs will benefit from your bank account and possessions when you die!?

Getting old and facing death isn't near as bad as living in a world full of fools!

• neither is scary, we all have to get old, with age comes wisdom and maturity, what would you rather be some young snowflake of today? no thanks, and dying is only a closure on this world, after this world we continue on to new destinies to be with god eventually, it is all love and light after this world, there's no need to worry, really.

• What is scarier is falling down and breaking your hips..

You're 50 years old and you should start thinking about healthy eating and owrking out to keep your bones strong and keep your strength up so that you won't be lazy and sit around all day long doing nothing but watching TV. join some outdoors activities to keep you moving.

No smoking and no drinking also will help keep you looking and feeling younger.

Scary thoughts are scary. There are no thoughts in death.

• Jojo

I`m 74 and don`t find dealing with life at this age very scary at all.

It can be a bit frustrating when one can`t do some jobs that used to be easy to deal with when younger, but definitely not scary.

However.....I am a bit scare of dying and especially if its slow and painful due to some ailment. It must be awful to just lay in a bed and know that you will die at any time. Its bad enough knowing I only have at the very most another 20 or so years left on this earth, but as long as its not a painful one I will not be scared.

They do say, `only the good die young`, and considering I have never been `good` .......πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

getting old and dealing with everything seniors have to face

They are intertwined and both are scary, although more sad than scary.