how much liquid is in 3/4 inch measurement?

a recipe called for 3/4 inch of vinegar to be added to a 3 bean salad

• IvaB

I don't believe that there's a recipe anywhere that calls for 3/4 inch of vinegar.Please show the recipe.

You cannot know the answer unless you know the size of the vessel into which you pour the vinegar. That is, 3/4 inch of vinegar in a shot glass is less than in 2 quart pot, and lots less than in a dutch oven. Re read your recipe for hints, or abandon yur recipe for another on the internet that is more specific about measurement than the one you are using.

If you tell us how many cups or ounces of beans are in the salad, then we are better able to tell you how much vinegar is likely to be in it.  (3/4 inch of vinegar does not make sense).

boh............... 

Well it can't be 3/4 cup because that would be way too much for that recipe. So I would go with a tbspoon.If it don't taste to suit add more.

I don't know where you got your recipe, but I'd be willing to bet that it should read "3/4 cup" of vinegar.

That doesn’t make any sense unless the recipe specified a certain size container. It’s probably 3/4 cup or 3/4 tsp, depending on the size of the salad.