Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 4 weeks ago

Is our universe a big black hole that we will never be able to escape from ?

• Rowan

Yes, I reckon where the big bang happened, or the point at which the different sides of the universe are expanding away from, if you could find that point, it would be a black hole that had collapsed back into itself due to sheer gravity of most of the energy in the universe, in one place. There is propulsion, and there is gravity. Every galaxy has a black hole in the middle of it, which is where the really large stars that didn't live very long turned into black holes, where the electron stops revolving around the nucleus of an atom, and collapses, taking away most of the volume, but not the mass or gravity. 

All forms of energy have gravity. They don't know what dark energy is, but I would say it's energy, like any other, with it's own gravity, but acting as a propulsive force because it's all moving around at the speed of light, everywhere at once, pushing the expansion, now. However, when the trillions of trillions of stars in the universe burn out, many of them will turn into more black holes, from which nothing can escape. 

At least, not until they try to all form one singularity, all at once. This is the end of entropy, the end of the second law of thermodynamics, a singularity of infinite density, where everything that went up, came down, but the way it will form, or try to form is through everything left in the universe smashing back together at the speed of light, causing what I believe will be the big bang, again. 

Einstein had his cycling universe paper silenced, by the church, it was fundamentalist Christian scientists who came up with the idea of the universe having a beginning, presupposing that God created the universe, exactly like it said in the bible, literally like Genesis. It was a Catholic priest who came up with the big bang theory. They sent him death threats. 

Anyway, if what goes up, must come down, all forms of energy having gravity, all forms of propulsion being limited by the limitations of energy itself, then the universe is a perpetual motion machine, in fact due to causality, that's the only way I believe it could work. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, an endless chain of events with no beginning, and no end. So, no, I don't think you could possibly escape from gravity, you'd run out of propulsion, turn around in a circle, and point back the way you came. 

Not if I'm driving my Ferrari- it can escape any black hole. Especially now that I've souped it up.

• Remember when Campbell souped up his car? Viz:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebird-Proteus_CN7

No way to ever be able to tell.

All we know it that THE universe is a big place, 93 billion light years across, containing billions of galaxies, the vast majority of which cannot even be seen as anything more than a tiny blur.

Anything else is the subject matter of sheer speculation and fiction.

Maybe. That's a serious hypothesis. Why does it seem almost everyone assumes this Universe is entirely closed? WHERE do the black holes in THIS Universe go to? We may NEVER KNOW the answer s to these questions. If we knew all the answers, life would be very boring.

I don't foresee humans ever leaving our solar system, so might as well be a black hole.

it might be that way