Marcus asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

When I look at myself in the mirror it looks great. When I take a selfie which is how people really see me(right?) it looks ridiculous.. why?

It makes me really self conscious since i figured out mirrors arent how people see me . I kind of move my hair towards the left side of my head but not all of it

Cameras can distort our faces, Google it....you'll feel better once you know more about this

I feel the same way. Pictures make you look different than you really are. Sometimes it’s the angle. Other times, I learn to just accept what the photos are. You can also use this technique while taking pictures by dressing a certain way with colors. Black actually makes you look thinner. Where as white makes you look a little bigger.

Every time I am taking photos, I tend to wear darker colors. Most of the time, it captures what I really look like.

Source(s): Ignore what people say, we all have insecurities that are not the same. Gosh I wish I was perfect like these people who are commenting and thinking they have no issues of there own.
  • Frank

You are looking at your INVERSE image. You are also seeing yourself in MIRROR LIGHTS...which illuminates differently.

Do yourself a favor...stop being a jackass and STOP TAKING SELFIES. Nobody needs to see your dumb face. Who is getting anything from this? YOU? Others? Some sexy female that you think you are going to have sex with? Nope. NEVER gonna happen. STOP THE MADNESS. STOP THE SELFIES.

WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING!?!?! Morons....

there are some mirrors that make me look like Tuesday Welds and others that make me look like Donald Trumps twin sister....that is just how it is..sadly

Because you see yourself as a beautiful person.

I think how other people see you is when someone takes a picture of you on a camera or the backcamera of a phone and you see it

hey buddy i know what you mean